If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;
If you can dream- -and not make dreams your master;
If you can think- -and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build’em up with worn-out tools;
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on! ‘
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings- -nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And- -which is more- -you’ll be a Man, my son!
– Rudyard Kipling
The Kipling poem above is befitting of my current mood. Let me know if it resonated?
I’ll leave you with something else I read a while ago that I happened to receive today via WhatsApp
WHAT A LIFE WE LIVE!
Have you taken note of the CO-INCIDENCE OF LIFE:
1. CHURCH has 6 letters so does MOSQUE.
2. BIBLE has 5 letters so does QURAN.
3. LIFE has 4 letters so does DEAD.
4. HATE has 4 letters, so does LOVE.
5. ENEMIES has 7 letters, so does FRIENDS.
6. LYING has 5 letters, so does TRUTH.
7. HURT has 4 letters, so does HEAL.
8. NEGATIVE has 8 letters, so does POSITIVE.
9. FAILURE has 7 letters, so does SUCCESS.
10. BELOW has 5 letters, so does ABOVE.
11. CRY has 3 letters so does JOY.
12. ANGER has 5 letters, so does HAPPY.
13. RIGHT has 5 letters, so does WRONG.
14. RICH has 4 letters, so does POOR.
15. FAIL has 4 letters, so does PASS.
16. KNOWLEDGE has 9 letters, so does IGNORANCE.
Save for the Bible / Quran combo, I found the word length similarities interesting so thought I would share. It’s a reminder than life is basically a double edged sword. (Note: I did not write this and I’m unsure of the original source)